- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Two Synovus Leaders Included in Georgia Trend’s 2015 “40 Under 40”
- Synovus Bank Joins Statewide Celebration of Early Learning
- Synovus to Announce Third Quarter 2015 Results on October 20, 2015
- Synovus Chief Strategy Officer Liz Dukes named one of American Banker’s 25 Women to Watch for 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
|Synovus receives NACHA’s 2008 Mitchell Payments System Excellence Award
|May 20, 2008, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, has been presented with the 2008 George Mitchell Payments System Excellence Award by NACHA, the electronics payments association.
“We are honored to be selected as innovators in this business segment,” said Lee Lee James, Vice Chairman of Synovus. “Our team members understand the importance of creating the products and services that meet the needs of our customers and keep pace with the challenges of our rapidly evolving industry.”
“Synovus is an organization that has turned the challenge of a decentralized structure into a successful business model and used technology as their core tenet for growth,” said Elliott C. McEntee, president and CEO of NACHA. “Synovus brings creative energy and vision to the industry process of building the products that will continue to drive popularity and growth of electronic payments.”
Sponsored annually by NACHA, the George Mitchell Payments System Excellence Award confers NACHA’s highest level of recognition to the individual or organization that demonstrates superior leadership in the development, implementation or advancement of electronic payments. The award is named in honor of the late George Mitchell, former vice-chairman of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with more than $33 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 36 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.