- News Releases
- Synovus to Announce Second Quarter 2015 Results on July 21, 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- The Bank of Nashville Opens in Gulch Crossing
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
|Synovus Completes Merger of First Florida Bank into Synovus Bank
|April 28, 2008, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, announces the completion of the merger of its Naples-based bank, First Florida, into Synovus Bank (Tampa Bay).
“This new Synovus Bank team creates a combination of expertise, talent and products to deliver an enhanced customer experience in this high potential market,” said Fred L. Green III, President and COO of Synovus. “Customers on Florida’s west coast and Winter Park will benefit from access to expanded branch locations, ATMs and combined loan services.”
David W. Dunbar will continue in his role as Chief Executive Officer of the expanded Synovus Bank. Dominic “Dom” DiMaio will lead the Naples team as Market President.
The newly expanded Synovus Bank has a total asset size of $1.68 billion with 26 bank locations in nine counties, and will continue to offer a full range of banking products, as well as mortgage, insurance and investments.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with approximately $33 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 36 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.