- News Releases
- Brown Named CEO of Tallahassee State Bank
- Kamensky Named to Operation HOPE Southeastern Board of Directors
- Synovus to Announce First Quarter 2015 Results on April 21, 2015
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
|Hatcher Named Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Synovus
|April 21, 2008, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, today announced the election of Samuel F. Hatcher to the position of Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of Synovus.
“Sam brings 37 years of legal experience to Synovus, and his broad knowledge in corporate compliance makes him the right choice to lead our talented General Counsel team,” said Richard Anthony, Chairman and CEO of Synovus. “I look forward to his guidance as a member of our corporate leadership group, and I am sure his contribution will be invaluable in the strategic positioning of our company.”
Hatcher graduated from Davidson College with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1968 and received his Juris Doctorate Degree from Yale Law School in 1971.
Before coming to Synovus, Hatcher started his career at Alston & Bird in Atlanta, making partner in 1976. In 1989, he joined Equitable Real Estate, a registered investment advisor in real estate for public and private pension funds and other domestic and foreign institutional investors, serving as General Counsel until 2001. Hatcher then returned to private law practice in Atlanta and Columbus.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with approximately $33 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 37 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.