- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Early Results for Tender Offer and Increase in Maximum Tender Amount
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Synovus Announces Offer to Purchase up to $100 Million Aggregate Principal
- Synovus to Announce Fourth Quarter 2015 Results on January 19, 2016
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus' Common Stock
- Synovus Announces Pricing of $250 Million Subordinated Notes Offering
- Synovus Announces Subordinated Notes Offering
- Synovus Appoints Santosh Kokate as Chief Technology Officer and Amyn Tajani as Chief Digital Officer
- Synovus Family Asset Management Named One of Bloomberg Markets Magazine’s
- Synovus to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Banking and Financial Services Conference
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
|Vanguard Bank CEO M. Gary Roberts to Retire
|Fred Leopold named President and CEO|
April 16, 2008, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, today announced the retirement of M. Gary Roberts, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Vanguard Bank based in Valparaiso, Florida, effective May 31, 2008. Fred Leopold will continue to serve as President, and will replace Roberts as CEO. Roberts will remain as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
“Gary set a standard of leadership based on integrity and passion that will be hard to emulate,” said Fred L. Green, President and COO of Synovus. “His impressive level of service to customers, his team and the community has positioned Vanguard Bank as a leader in the market. We wish him the best in his well-deserved retirement. We are also pleased to have someone with Fred Leopold’s experience and knowledge of the community ready to step in and lead the Vanguard team as they continue to create new growth opportunities in this area.”
Roberts began his career with Vanguard Bank in 1990 serving as Executive Vice President, and was promoted to President and CEO in 1995. In 2005, Roberts was elected to serve as CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Leopold’s career with Vanguard began in 1999 as Senior Vice President, and in 2000 he was elected to the Board of Directors and promoted to Executive Vice President/Chief Loan Officer. He was named COO in 2006, and elected President of Vanguard Bank in 2007. Leopold is a 1980 graduate of Valdosta State University with a Bachelors of Business Administration Degree in Finance.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with approximately $33 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 37 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.