- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Johnson Named President and CEO of The Coastal Bank of Georgia
April 7, 2008, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, announces the appointment of R. Wayne Johnson to the position of President and Chief Executive Officer of The Coastal Bank of Georgia, its Brunswick-based affiliate bank. Johnson takes on his new responsibilities effective today.
“Wayne’s transition into this role at The Coastal Bank of Georgia is a result of his strong leadership and effective team building abilities, as well as his commitment to growth in both the bank and the community,” said Fred L. Green, Synovus President and Chief Operating Officer. “His talents will further complement this team of banking experts to maximize the opportunities in the market. Wayne’s appointment to this role also demonstrates our commitment to develop talent within our organization who can lead and guide us to continued success.”
Johnson began his career with The Coastal Bank of Georgia in December 1986 as Vice President of the Camden County market. He became Senior Vice President of Commercial Banking in 1987 and recently served as Executive Vice President and Chief Loan Officer.
“Wayne Johnson represents the very best in leadership and dedication to building relationships with the bank team, our customers and our community,” said James A. Bishop, Chairman of the Board of Directors of The Coastal Bank of Georgia. “We are very proud that we have a leader of Wayne’s caliber who is ready and willing to step into this important role.”
Johnson has served on the Board of Directors of the Brunswick Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce and the Coastal Georgia Community College Foundation. He is a 1983 graduate of LaGrange College with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with approximately $33 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 37 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.