- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Wade M. Burford Named President and CEO of CB&T of East Alabama
March 17, 2010, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, today announced the appointment of Wade M. Burford to the position of President and CEO of CB&T of East Alabama.
“Wade’s 32 years of experience as a banker and knowledge of the Chattahoochee Valley market makes him the right choice to guide this talented team,” said Kessel Stelling, Synovus President and COO. “Our company is fortunate to have a leader of Wade’s talent and capabilities available to maximize the business opportunities and meet the expectations of our customers in East Alabama.”
Burford began his career with Synovus in 1977 as a part-time teller with Columbus Bank and Trust Company, and worked in branch banking and commercial banking until 1983. Since that time, Burford served in various leadership positions, including division head in both the Bank Card and Commercial Lending/Commercial Services divisions. He was named Senior Vice President of the Card Services division in 2000.
His community involvement includes more than 25 years of leadership to the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Chattahoochee Valley, which he has led as a member of the Board of Directors from 1984 through today and as president in 1991. Wade also served the American Heart Association as a Board Member from 1984 to 1992 and as President in 1988. Other organizations to have benefitted from his leadership include the Columbus Chamber of Commerce, the Sertoma Club, Columbus Community Development Advisory Board, Northern Little League in Columbus and the United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley.
Burford is a graduate of Columbus State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, and the Louisiana State University Graduate School of Banking.
Synovus (NYSE; “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with approximately $33 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 30 banks, 327 offices, and 461 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique customer service delivery model, position in attractive Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the Web at www.synovus.com.