- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus' Series C Preferred Stock
- Synovus to Announce Second Quarter 2015 Results on July 21, 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- The Bank of Nashville Opens in Gulch Crossing
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
|Synovus Completes Merger of The Citizens Bank and CB&T Bank of Middle Georgia
January 18, 2007,
“Our customers are already seeing the benefits of this new alliance,” said Fred L. Green III, President and COO for Synovus. “This powerful combination of talent, products and services available through the newly expanded CB&T Bank of Middle Georgia team will strengthen existing relationships with customers of both banks and maximize growth opportunities throughout this region.”
The newly expanded CB&T Bank of Middle Georgia now has a total asset size of nearly $600 million and will offer customers seven bank locations, eight ATMs, extended banking hours and an expanded array of products and services.
As a result of the merger, Fred C. “Freddy” Greer, former President and CEO of The Citizens Bank, will serve as Vice Chairman of CB&T Bank of Middle Georgia’s Board of Directors while continuing to serve customers throughout the area. Gary McLure will continue in his role as President and CEO of CB&T Bank of Middle Georgia.
Synovus (NYSE: SNV) is a diversified financial services holding company with more than $31 billion in assets based in Columbus, GA. Synovus provides integrated financial services including banking, financial management, insurance, mortgage and leasing services through 39 banks and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee; and electronic payment processing through an 81-percent stake in TSYS (NYSE: TSS), one of the world’s largest companies for outsourced payment services. FORTUNE magazine has named Synovus one of “The 100 Best Companies to Work For” in