- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Subordinated Notes Offering
- Synovus Appoints Santosh Kokate as Chief Technology Officer and Amyn Tajani as Chief Digital Officer
- Synovus Family Asset Management Named One of Bloomberg Markets Magazine’s
- Synovus to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Banking and Financial Services Conference
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
|Synovus Presents 2006 Chairman's Awards
January 17, 2007,
The Chairman’s Award recipients are chosen from nominations submitted by team members throughout the Synovus family of companies.
Lamar Loftin, CEO of Synovus’ Community Bank and Trust of
Liliana McDaniel, Chief Accounting Officer of Synovus, and Mardee Thomas, Director of Business Systems of TSYS, were both presented with the James D. Yancey Customer Covenant Award. McDaniel’s nomination documented her as a shining example of delivering excellent internal customer service that parallels the expectations we place on meeting the needs of external customers. Thomas was instrumental in leading the TSYS conversion team in meeting the challenges involved in the Capital One conversion project. This award is named in honor of former Synovus Chairman Jimmy Yancey, who always put the needs of the customer first. Yancey led the effort to codify Synovus’ commitment to exceptional customer service through the company’s Customer Covenant.
Becky Rumer, Director of Private Client Services for Synovus, received the William B. Turner Humanitarian Award. Rumer was honored for her passion, vision and hard work in creating “Our House,” a rescue station for children entering the foster care system because of abuse and neglect. Since opening in 2002, this safe haven has served more than 850 children and families. This award is named in honor of former Chairman of Synovus’ Executive Committee William B. Turner for his keen sense of responsibility to serve individuals and the community. Turner has inspired others through his deep moral and spiritual convictions to make a difference with their employees and in their families.