- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Early Results for Tender Offer and Increase in Maximum Tender Amount
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Synovus Announces Offer to Purchase up to $100 Million Aggregate Principal
- Synovus to Announce Fourth Quarter 2015 Results on January 19, 2016
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus' Common Stock
- Synovus Announces Pricing of $250 Million Subordinated Notes Offering
- Synovus Announces Subordinated Notes Offering
- Synovus Appoints Santosh Kokate as Chief Technology Officer and Amyn Tajani as Chief Digital Officer
- Synovus Family Asset Management Named One of Bloomberg Markets Magazine’s
- Synovus to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Banking and Financial Services Conference
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
|Synovus Completes Merger of Citizens Bank and Trust of West Georgia and Citizens and Merchants Bank with Bank of North Georgia
Columbus, GA, October 27, 2008 – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, announces the completion of the merger of three Synovus banks – Citizens Bank and Trust of West Georgia, based in Carrollton, and Citizens and Merchants Bank in Douglasville – with Bank of North Georgia, headquartered in Alpharetta. The combined banks are called Bank of North Georgia.
Kessel Stelling continues to serve as President and CEO of the combined banks. Frank Roedl, President and CEO of Citizens Bank and Trust of West Georgia, and James Mathis, CEO of Citizens and Merchants Bank, have transitioned into executive roles with Bank of North Georgia.
The expanded Bank of North Georgia has a total asset size exceeding $6.2 billion with 48 locations and 800 team members with a full range of products and services. Bank of North Georgia will serve more than 65,000 households.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with more than $34 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 32 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.