- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus' Series C Preferred Stock
- Synovus to Announce Second Quarter 2015 Results on July 21, 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- The Bank of Nashville Opens in Gulch Crossing
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
|Synovus honored by CIO Magazine
Columbus, GA, October 9, 2008 – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, was recently named the overall winner of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Consortium case study competition sponsored by CIO Magazine. The award was presented during the Consortium’s annual meeting in Orlando, Florida. SOA is the process of creating a platform that allows different technology services to communicate in order to fulfill customer requests.
Synovus was recognized for its partnership with NACHA, the Electronics Payments Association, and eWise, a financial software provider, to create a consumer Secure Vault Payment (SVP) platform. Secure Vault Payments is an alternative payment method for customers who shop online and go to merchant Web sites to pay monthly bills. When the product was introduced earlier this year, Synovus was the first bank in the U.S. to offer consumers this new, secure way to pay online.
“This is another example of our team creating a partnership to produce new products to serve our customers,” said John Woolbright, Chief Technology Officer for Synovus. “This project was about the collaboration of people and technology across the industry to create a service that was easy for consumers to use and profitable for merchants.”
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with more than $34 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 34 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.