- News Releases
- Brown Named CEO of Tallahassee State Bank
- Kamensky Named to Operation HOPE Southeastern Board of Directors
- Synovus to Announce First Quarter 2015 Results on April 21, 2015
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
|Synovus Senior Director Honored for Work with Children
|Rumer named “Big Voice” for Georgia’s children|
Columbus, GA, November 3, 2008 – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, today announced that Becky Rumer, Senior Director of Private Banking of Synovus, has been chosen as one of Georgia’s leading child advocates for 2008 by Voices for Georgia’s Children. Rumer will be recognized at the “Big Voices” Award dinner on November 7, 2008 at the Westin Buckhead Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia.
“Big Voices” will also honor Chick-fil-A, Inc. founder and CEO S. Truett Cathy; Glenda Hatchett, host of the Judge Hatchett Show; and four other community leaders from across Georgia.
Rumer was selected for her years of “walking the walk,” channeling a passionate outspokenness on the issues impacting Columbus children through hands-on public service. Rumer has served on numerous community organization boards that focus on children at risk for abuse and neglect, and their families. She is currently the chairperson of Columbus for Kids, Inc., and was recently appointed to the board of EMBRACE, the Foster Family Foundation of Georgia. In 2007, Rumer received the William B. Turner Humanitarian Award from Synovus for her passion, vision and hard work in creating “Our House,” a rescue station for children entering the foster care system.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with more than $34 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 32 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.