- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Anthony Named to Financial Services Roundtable Board of Directors
|February 17, 2009, Columbus, GA – Synovus, the Columbus, Georgia-based diversified financial services company, today announced that Richard Anthony, Chairman and CEO, has been elected to a two-year term as a member of the Board of Directors of the Financial Services Roundtable.
The Financial Services Roundtable represents 100 of the largest integrated financial services companies providing banking, insurance, and investment products and services to the American consumer. Roundtable member companies provide fuel for America’s economic engine, accounting directly for $85.2 trillion in managed assets, $978 billion in revenue, and 2.5 million jobs.
“I am honored to be selected to represent this region and our company as a member of this influential group of financial professionals,” said Anthony. “I hope my contribution to the organization will help address some of the critical issues facing our industry and our customers during this challenging economic cycle.”
Anthony joined Synovus in 1992 when the company merged with First Commercial Bancshares of Birmingham, Alabama. He served as President of Synovus Financial Corp. of Alabama from 1993 until 1995, when he was elected Vice Chairman of the holding company and was responsible for the management of all of the company’s affiliate banks and its mortgage company. Anthony was elected President and Chief Operating Officer in 2003 and served in that role until being named Chief Executive Officer and President in July 2005. In October 2006, Anthony was elected Chairman of the Board and CEO of Synovus.
For more information on the Financial Services Roundtable and a complete listing of the Roundtable Board of Directors, visit the organization’s website at www.fsround.org.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with more than $35 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 31 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeastern markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.