- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Two Synovus Leaders Included in Georgia Trend’s 2015 “40 Under 40”
- Synovus Bank Joins Statewide Celebration of Early Learning
- Synovus to Announce Third Quarter 2015 Results on October 20, 2015
- Synovus Chief Strategy Officer Liz Dukes named one of American Banker’s 25 Women to Watch for 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
|Miller named Market Leader for Vanguard Bank and Trust
|Columbus, GA, November 14, 2008 – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, today announced the appointment of Martha C. Miller to the position of Market Leader for Vanguard Bank and Trust, based in Valparaiso, Florida. The appointment is effective immediately. Miller succeeds Fred Leopold.
The company previously announced plans to consolidate Vanguard Bank and Trust with another Synovus bank, Bank of Pensacola, to create Coastal Bank and Trust of Florida. Following the consolidation, Miller will serve as Market Leader of the Eastern Region of Coastal Bank and Trust.
“Martha has strong community ties and is a well-respected leader throughout the Florida coastal market,” said Fred L. Green III, President and COO of Synovus. “We are fortunate that Martha has agreed to take on this role to lead our team of expert bankers serving
Miller has been with Vanguard Bank for 26 years, serving in various leadership roles including human resources, training, marketing and sales. She was named Senior Vice President and Group Manager in 2000 and was promoted to Senior Group Executive Officer and Retail Lead in 2004.
Miller’s community service includes her role as President of the Niceville/Valparaiso/Bay Area Chamber of Commerce. She has also served as Chairman of the Board for the Heritage Museum of Northwest Florida and as a member of the Executive Board for the Okaloosa/Walton County Workforce Development Board. Miller was named Honorary Commander of the 33rd Squadron, an F-15 unit assigned to Eglin Air Force Base.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with more than $34 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 32 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.