- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Norris Named President and CEO of CB&T of Middle Georgia
|Columbus, GA , November 14, 2008 – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, has appointed James Edward “Eddie” Norris III as President and Chief Executive Officer of CB&T of Middle Georgia, its Warner Robins, Georgia-based affiliate bank. Norris’ new role is effective immediately. Norris succeeds Gary M. McLure, who will retire from CB&T of Middle Georgia after 21 years of service, the last two as President and CEO.
“Eddie brings the right mix of banking expertise and leadership strength to the CB&T of Middle Georgia team and the customers they serve,” said Fred L. Green III, President and COO of Synovus. “He will inherit a strong team of financial experts who are committed to providing excellent customer service. Together they will continue the growth and success of the bank as they help customers manage through these difficult economic times.”
Norris began his career with Synovus in 1986 with Columbus Bank and Trust Company in Columbus, Georgia. He was promoted to Senior Vice President in 1992, and most recently served as Senior Manager of Commercial Real Estate. Norris is a graduate of Columbus State University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration.
Norris is active with various community organizations including the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, the Homebuilders Association of Columbus and the Columbus – Phenix City Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Club of America.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with more than $34 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 32 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.