- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Nigh Named President and CEO of Trust One Bank
|Farrell to continue as Chairman|
|Columbus, GA , August 6, 2008 – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, has appointed William R. “Bill” Nigh as President and Chief Executive Officer of Trust One Bank, its Memphis, Tennessee-based affiliate bank. Nigh’s new role is effective immediately. Nigh succeeds James P. “Jake” Farrell, who served 13 years as president and CEO. Farrell will remain as Chairman of the Board.
“Bill’s broad range of banking product knowledge and passion for developing people makes him the right choice to lead the talented Trust One team to the next level of growth,” said Fred L. Green III, President and COO of Synovus. “We are grateful for the job Jake has done in leading the growth and success since the bank was founded in 1995. We will benefit from his continued guidance on the future direction and success of Trust One as he remains Chairman of the Board.”
Nigh began his career with Synovus in 1992 as a vice president and Commercial Banking Manager with Columbus Bank and Trust Company. He most recently served as the Chief Operating Officer and Senior Credit Officer of Synovus’ First Commercial Bank in Huntsville, Alabama.
Nigh’s leadership roles in the community include his membership on the Board of Directors of the Boy’s Club, Springer Opera House, YMCA and the Columbus, Georgia Chamber of Commerce. Bill also served as the former Chairman of the Columbus Building Authority and Chairman of the Juvenile Diabetes Walk. Nigh is a graduate of Texas Tech University with a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Finance.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with more than $34 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 35 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.