- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|University of Georgia Joins Secure Vault Payment Network
|April 20, 2009, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, announced an agreement with the University of Georgia to launch Secure Vault Payments (SVP) as a new tuition payment option. In 2008, Synovus became the first bank in the U.S. to offer customers this fast, safe and easy option for making payments online.
“We are very pleased the University of Georgia chose to join the growing list of merchants and billers adopting SVP as a payment channel, and we believe other colleges and universities in the Synovus footprint will soon see the benefits of using this innovative product,” said Lisa White, Director of Payment Services for Synovus.
“Secure Vault Payments is a great solution for us,” said Lisa McCleary, Bursar,
The SVP process begins when the online customer selects this option to make a purchase or pay a bill on a merchant’s or biller’s website. The customer is directed to their Synovus bank’s SVP login page where they use their existing Internet banking identification and password to complete the transaction. The bank approves the transaction and securely sends the authorization, without exposing any personal customer information, back to the online merchant or biller.
For more information on Secure Vault Payments, visit any Synovus bank website directly, or use the locations link on www.synovus.com to find the Synovus bank nearest you. Additional information is available at www.securevaultpayments.org.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with $36 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 30 banks, 440 ATMs, and more than 330 Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeastern markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.