- News Releases
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus' Series C Preferred Stock
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- The Bank of Nashville Opens in Gulch Crossing
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
|Synovus Completes Merger of Security Bank and Trust and
Sumter Bank and Trust
|Combined bank will be called SB&T Bank|
|March 16, 2009, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, announces the completion of the merger of its Albany, Georgia-based bank, Security Bank and Trust, with Sumter Bank and Trust headquartered in Americus, Georgia. The combined banks will be called SB&T Bank.
Mark L. Lane will continue to serve as President and CEO of the combined banks. Randolph B. “Randy” Jones now serves as Market President for the Americus market of SB&T. The newly expanded bank has a total asset size of $649 million with seven locations, nine ATMs and a full range of products and services.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with $36 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 30 banks, 440 ATMs, and more than 330 Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeastern markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.