- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Synovus Bank, CB&T and CB&T Bank of East Alabama Exceed United Way Goal
|$497,000 raised to help fund programs in the Chattahoochee Valley|
December 13, 2011, Columbus, GA – Synovus Bank, the Georgia-chartered, FDIC-insured bank, today announced that the company and its divisions, Columbus Bank and Trust and CB&T Bank of East Alabama, exceeded their 2011 United Way fundraising goal by more than $50,000. The companies raised $497,000 in contributions to the United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley.
In addition to the money raised, Synovus team members collected more than 1,800 cans of soup for the Feeding the Valley Food Bank. These projects are part of Synovus’ community outreach effort called REACH: Recognizing and Encouraging an Atmosphere of Community and of Hope.
“I am continually amazed at the generosity of our team, and proud that they remain dedicated to upholding Synovus’ long history of giving back to our community and ensuring its well-being and growth,” said Kessel Stelling, President and CEO of Synovus.
The United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley supports 26 agencies and 49 programs in Muscogee, Russell, Harris, Chattahoochee, Taylor, Stewart, Talbot and Marion counties in Georgia and Alabama. The organization plays an impactful role in building our community. They focus on preparing young people for success, strengthening families and community, caring for the elderly and people with special needs and responding to disasters and individuals in crisis. For more information on the organization, visit www.unitedwayofthecv.org.
About CB&T and CB&T Bank of East Alabama
Columbus Bank and Trust (CB&T) and CB&T Bank of East Alabama have a combined 19 branches in Columbus, GA and Phenix City and Opelika, AL. They offer diverse lines of business and personal financial services including Business Banking, Investment Services and Mortgage Lending. CB&T and CB&T Bank of East Alabama are both divisions of Synovus Bank.
About Synovus Bank
Synovus Bank is a Georgia-chartered, FDIC-insured bank. Synovus Bank provides commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers through 30 locally branded divisions, 323 offices, and 456 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. See Synovus Bank on the web at www.synovus.com.