- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Two Synovus Leaders Included in Georgia Trend’s 2015 “40 Under 40”
- Synovus Bank Joins Statewide Celebration of Early Learning
- Synovus to Announce Third Quarter 2015 Results on October 20, 2015
- Synovus Chief Strategy Officer Liz Dukes named one of American Banker’s 25 Women to Watch for 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
|Synovus Announces 2011 REACH Awards
April 3, 2012, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, recently announced the recipients of its 2011 REACH Awards. REACH, which is Synovus’ community outreach program, stands for Recognizing and Encouraging an Atmosphere of Community and of Hope. The REACH Awards honor the volunteer efforts of an individual and a team that participates in hands-on efforts that make a significant difference in the communities where they live and work.
The REACH Volunteer of the Year for 2011 is Fonda Luttrell, Process Engineer in Synovus Operations. Luttrell was recognized because of her commitment to the House of Heroes (HOH) program. HOH focuses on doing home repairs for retired veterans and law enforcement officers. Luttrell served as Team Captain of the Synovus team, recruiting workers, holding fundraisers, and spending more than 100 hours of her own time on the renovation projects.
Synovus’ First Commercial Bank was named the REACH Volunteer Team of the Year for 2011. During April of last year, a series of devastating storms swept through the Southeast. First Commercial Bank and Synovus team members got involved in rebuilding the community and helping those in need by organizing drives to collect money, and setting up donation points at bank branches to collect food, water, and other products needed to help the victims get back to normal as soon as possible.
“The team members receiving these awards have demonstrated the spirit of serving others that is prevalent throughout our company,” said Kessel Stelling, Chairman and CEO of Synovus. “I continue to be amazed at the level of giving from our team members who support hundreds of agencies and contribute thousands of hours of community service each year. The Birmingham team, while recovering from their own impact from the devastating storms, thought of others before themselves. They are a great example of the quality of team members we are honored to have on the Synovus team.”
During 2011, Synovus and its divisions participated in more than 1,500 projects and contributing more than 24,000 hours of volunteer time.
Synovus is a financial services company with $27 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.