- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Two Synovus Leaders Included in Georgia Trend’s 2015 “40 Under 40”
- Synovus Bank Joins Statewide Celebration of Early Learning
- Synovus to Announce Third Quarter 2015 Results on October 20, 2015
- Synovus Chief Strategy Officer Liz Dukes named one of American Banker’s 25 Women to Watch for 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
|Synovus Announces 2012 Jack Parker Scholarship Recipients
July 11, 2012, Columbus, GA– Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, today announced its 2012 Jack Parker Scholarship recipients. This year, 91 scholarships totaling $85,000 were awarded to children of Synovus team members. Scholarship funds are generated each year through team member donations and internal fundraising activities.
The Scholarship Program is named in honor of Jack B. Parker, whose career with the Synovus family of companies spanned 44 years. Jack’s enthusiastic attitude, keen sense of duty, and good heart were evident throughout his career. The scholarship program is managed by the Jack B. Parker Foundation, Inc. to award college or vocational institution scholarships to team members’ children who excel academically, demonstrate strong leadership and are involved in activities to improve their communities. Since its inception in 1988, the foundation has awarded almost $2 million in scholarships.
Synovus is a financial services company with $27 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus’ divisions provide commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers through 30 locally branded divisions, 293 offices, and 417 ATMS in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee.