- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the First Quarter
- Brown Named CEO of Tallahassee State Bank
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend
- Kamensky Named to Operation HOPE Southeastern Board of Directors
- Synovus to Announce First Quarter 2015 Results on April 21, 2015
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
|Synovus Partners with Wincor Nixdorf to Upgrade ATM Network
March 12, 2012, Columbus, GA – Synovus Bank, the Georgia-chartered, FDIC-insured bank, today announced a partnership with Wincor Nixdorf Inc. to invest in 200 new Deposit Automation ATM machines for the Synovus Bank network. The new ATMs will be installed later this year.
With these new touch screen units, customers will be able to deposit up to 50 bills or checks into a single slot in any direction; the imaging technology will instantly present a digital copy of the checks on the screen; and the ATM will calculate and verify the entire deposit amount. The cash portion of any deposit will be immediately available for customer’s use, and they will have the option of receiving text and email receipts of their transactions.
“We are excited to offer our customers this enhanced 24-7 channel for transacting their banking business,” said Kessel Stelling, Chairman and CEO of Synovus. “This upgrade signals another important step in our efforts to provide best-in-class technology that empowers our customers to interact with us whenever, wherever, and however they prefer. Our new partner’s technology also gives us the flexibility to develop additional ways for our ATMs to deliver a more intuitive and consistent customer experience.
We will continue to make investments in the products and tools that provide an exceptional level of service to customers across our footprint.”
“We are very pleased that Synovus has selected Wincor Nixdorf as a strategic partner,” added Oliver Weber, CEO of Wincor Nixdorf Inc. “The deposit automation technology Synovus has chosen will assist them in serving retail and business customers with their day-to-day banking needs.”
About Synovus Bank
Synovus Bank is a Georgia-chartered, FDIC-insured bank. Synovus Bank provides commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers through 30 locally branded divisions, 293 offices, and 433 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. See Synovus Bank on the web at www.synovus.com.
Wincor Nixdorf is one of the world’s most successful IT solution specialists for process optimization at the consumer touch point, covering its core industries of banking and retail. With its US headquarters located in Austin Texas, Wincor Nixdorf Inc. provides a broad range of innovative hardware and software solutions, complemented by high-end services to many of the worlds biggest and most well known business organizations, raising overall efficiency of procedures and workflow to improve consumer-engagement, and reduce operational costs. For more information, visit www.wincor-nixdorf.com/usa.