- News Releases
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Synovus Bank Launches New Prepaid Card
|The Synovus Connections Card now available at all bank divisions|
August 7, 2012, Columbus, GA– Synovus Bank, the Georgia-chartered, FDIC-insured bank, announces the availability of its prepaid Synovus Connections Card at all Synovus Bank divisions across the company’s five-state footprint. Synovus Bank developed the card as a payment alternative to a traditional checking account.
The Synovus Connections Card works like a check card, but there is no checking account or credit check required. The card is appealing to customers with a specific need for a prepaid card, and as an affordable option for individuals currently paying check cashing fees because they do not have a checking account. The Synovus Connections Card allows customers to get cash at the ATM, make purchases most everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, get cash back at point of sale, and make purchases online or over the phone. The card can be reloaded with no fee at any Synovus Bank division branch with cash and through direct deposit.
“We are excited to bring this new payment option to our customers because it gives them a prepaid card they can use for a wide variety of purposes,” said R. Dallis “D” Copeland Jr., Chief Banking Officer of Synovus.
“From the time we made this card available in our test markets, the acceptance rate has exceeded our expectations for a brand new product,” added Wayne Akins, Synovus Chief Community Banking Officer. “Our card is a great alternative to a checking account, is easy to load, and offers all the conveniences our customers expect.”
Synovus Bank is a Georgia-chartered, FDIC-insured bank. Synovus Bank, together with its affiliates, provides commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers through 30 locally branded divisions, 293 offices, and 417 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. See Synovus Bank on the web at www.synovus.com.