- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Wright Named Senior Director of Treasury Management
August 1, 2011, Columbus, GA - Synovus Bank, a Georgia-chartered, FDIC-insured bank, today announced that Sandy W. Wright has been named Senior Director of Treasury Management. Wright, who has more than 30 years of experience in treasury management, succeeds Kenneth L. Richey, who has decided to retire. Richey has led Synovus' Treasury Management function since 2003. Prior to that role, he served as Senior Operations Officer for NBSC, Synovus' Columbia, South Carolina-based bank division. Richey will work with Wright for a period of time to assist with the transition.
Wright's new responsibilities include sales support, implementation and product management for Synovus' commercial depository services and treasury management lines of business including Online Banking, Remote Express Deposit and Workplace Solutions. She previously served as the Director and Senior Vice President of Treasury Management for Whitney National Bank; Senior Vice President, National Sales Director of Treasury Management Services for Regions Bank; and Group Vice President of Corporate Cash Management for SouthTrust Bank.
She holds a Masters degree in Public and Private Management from Birmingham-Southern College and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of South Carolina. Wright is a Certified Treasury Professional. Her community involvement includes service on the Board of Directors of the Pastoral Care and Counseling, and as a Trustee and Foundation Board Member of Canterbury United Methodist Church.
"We are very pleased to have someone with Sandy's expertise and leadership abilities join our company. She will guide our team of talented and skilled bankers as they provide the customized products and services to our commercial customers to help them meet the challenges of running a successful business," said Curtis J. Perry, Synovus' Chief Commercial Officer. "Kenneth's dedication and commitment to his customers and team members has been valuable in growing this line of business. We wish him the best in his well-deserved retirement."
About Synovus Bank
Synovus Bank is a Georgia-chartered, FDIC-insured bank. Synovus Bank provides commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers through 30 locally branded divisions, 323 offices, and 456 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. See Synovus Bank on the web at www.synovus.com.