- News Releases
- Brown Named CEO of Tallahassee State Bank
- Kamensky Named to Operation HOPE Southeastern Board of Directors
- Synovus to Announce First Quarter 2015 Results on April 21, 2015
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
|Blount Named Market President for SB&T in Americus
June 30, 2011, Americus, GA -–The Local Board of Directors of SB&T, a division of Synovus Bank, today announced that John B. "Barry" Blount has been named Market President for SB&T in Americus, effectively immediately.
"Barry has strong community ties and is a well respected leader and banker in the southwest Georgia region, and I am pleased he will be returning to our company to lead the Americus team," said Mark J. Lane, President and CEO of SB&T. "We look forward to the continued success of the SB&T team under his guidance as they continue to deliver excellent products and services to customers in the community."
Blount, a 28-year banking veteran, previously served as Vice President, Commercial Loan Officer with SB&T. He has also worked with other financial institutions in the region, most recently as Executive Vice President, Commercial Loan Officer with PeoplesSouth Bank in Americus.
Blount’s community involvement includes serving as the current Mayor of Americus, Georgia, Chairman of the Georgia Southwestern State University Foundation, and Chairman of the Americus/Sumter County Industrial Development Authority. He is a graduate of Georgia Southwestern State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science, and the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
SB&T is a division of Synovus Bank, and operates six locations in three counties. This division offers diverse lines of business and personal financial services including Business Banking, Investment Services and Mortgage Lending. For more information, visit www.sbandtbank.com
Synovus Bank is a Georgia-chartered, FDIC-insured bank. Synovus Bank provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services through our affiliated companies, to customers through 30 locally branded divisions, 308 offices, and 439 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. See Synovus Bank on the web at www.synovus.com.