- News Releases
- Kamensky Named to Operation HOPE Southeastern Board of Directors
- Synovus to Announce First Quarter 2015 Results on April 21, 2015
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
|McRae named President and CEO of Commercial Bank and Trust
|Carmichael named Executive Vice President and Regional COO for Synovus|
|October 8, 2009, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, today announced the appointment of William F. “Frank” McRae to the position of President and CEO of Commercial Bank and Trust in LaGrange, Georgia.
Robert L. “Bobby” Carmichael, former President and CEO of Commercial Bank and Trust, has been named Regional COO for Synovus’ Central Region.
“Frank is a long-term community leader and a well-respected banker in the West Georgia market,” said Steve Melton, Synovus Regional CEO. “We look forward to the continued success of the Commercial Bank and Trust team under his guidance. We are also fortunate to have a leader with Bobby’s experience and knowledge available to transition into a new regional role at Synovus.”
McRae has been with Commercial Bank and Trust Bank for 29 years, joining the bank as Vice President/Branch Manager in 1980. In 1985, he was promoted to Senior Vice President and was selected as Executive Vice President and Chief Credit Officer in 1990. McRae has served as Chairman of the LaGrange/Troup County Chamber of Commerce, President of the LaGrange Cancer Society and LaGrange Heart Association. He currently serves as Chairman of the Troup County Parks & Recreation Commission and on the Church Council of First United Methodist Church. McRae is a graduate of Georgia Southern University with a BBA degree in Finance, and he completed the Stonier Graduate School of Banking.
Carmichael began his career with Synovus in 1980 as Vice President of Sumter Bank and Trust in Americus, Georgia. In 1990, he was promoted to President of CB&T in Manchester, Georgia and was named President and CEO of Commercial Bank & Trust in 1991. He will continue as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Commercial Bank and Trust in addition to his new COO role in the Central Region, which includes CB&T of Middle Georgia in Warner Robins; CB&T of East Alabama in Phenix City; CB&T in LaGrange; and CB&T in Columbus.
Synovus is a financial services holding company with approximately $34 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 30 banks, 330 offices, and 467 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The Company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in attractive Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the Web at www.synovus.com.