- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Early Results for Tender Offer and Increase in Maximum Tender Amount
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Synovus Announces Offer to Purchase up to $100 Million Aggregate Principal
- Synovus to Announce Fourth Quarter 2015 Results on January 19, 2016
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus' Common Stock
- Synovus Announces Pricing of $250 Million Subordinated Notes Offering
- Synovus Announces Subordinated Notes Offering
- Synovus Appoints Santosh Kokate as Chief Technology Officer and Amyn Tajani as Chief Digital Officer
- Synovus Family Asset Management Named One of Bloomberg Markets Magazine’s
- Synovus to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Banking and Financial Services Conference
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
|Synovus Completes Merger of National Bank of Walton County with
Athens First Bank & Trust
|Columbus, GA , September 15, 2008 – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, announces the completion of the merger of its Monroe, Georgia-based bank, National Bank of Walton County (NBWC), with Athens First Bank & Trust (AFB&T), headquartered in Athens, Georgia. The combined banks will operate under the AFB&T name.
J. William “Bill” Douglas will continue to serve as President and CEO of the combined banks. Benjamin E. “Ben” Garrett, the former President and CEO of NBWC, will transition into an executive leadership role with AFB&T. The newly expanded AFB&T has a total asset size of $1.6 billion with 26 bank locations and 323 team members delivering a full range of financial products and services.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with more than $34 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 34 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.