- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Changes to Board of Directors
- Synovus Announces REACH Awards
- Synovus Presents Annual Awards
- Synovus Receives 20 Customer Service Excellence Awards in Middle and Small Business Banking
- Kamensky Named Synovus Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- Synovus Reports Earnings for Fourth Quarter of 2013
- Dunlevie Named Managing Director of Synovus Family Asset Management
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend
|Synovus Completes Merger of National Bank of Walton County with
Athens First Bank & Trust
|Columbus, GA , September 15, 2008 – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, announces the completion of the merger of its Monroe, Georgia-based bank, National Bank of Walton County (NBWC), with Athens First Bank & Trust (AFB&T), headquartered in Athens, Georgia. The combined banks will operate under the AFB&T name.
J. William “Bill” Douglas will continue to serve as President and CEO of the combined banks. Benjamin E. “Ben” Garrett, the former President and CEO of NBWC, will transition into an executive leadership role with AFB&T. The newly expanded AFB&T has a total asset size of $1.6 billion with 26 bank locations and 323 team members delivering a full range of financial products and services.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with more than $34 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 34 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.