- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Changes to Board of Directors
- Synovus Announces REACH Awards
- Synovus Presents Annual Awards
- Synovus Receives 20 Customer Service Excellence Awards in Middle and Small Business Banking
- Kamensky Named Synovus Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- Synovus Reports Earnings for Fourth Quarter of 2013
- Dunlevie Named Managing Director of Synovus Family Asset Management
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend
|Synovus Named One of The Banker’s “Top 1000 World Banks 2007”
| August 14, 2007, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based diversified financial services company, today announced it has been listed among the top 250 world banks on The Banker magazine’s list of the “Top 1000 World Banks 2007.” Synovus achieved an international ranking of 179 and a ranking of 37 in the
The ranking is a comprehensive listing of the world’s leading commercial banks, based on a number of performance indicators, such as profit growth and return on assets. The ranking is also broken down by country and region. This year’s list of “The Top 1000 World Banks 2007” and related stories appear in the July issue of The Banker and on the magazine’s website at www.TheBanker.com.
“This honor recognizes an outstanding job by our team to constantly meet the challenges of the industry by maximizing the business opportunities presented to us and aggressively pursuing growth areas in every market and every line of business,” said Richard Anthony, Chairman and CEO of Synovus.