- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
- Synovus to Announce First Quarter 2014 Results
- Synovus Announces Changes to Board of Directors
- Synovus Announces REACH Awards
- Kamensky Named Synovus Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- Synovus Reports Earnings for Fourth Quarter of 2013
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend
|Synovus Announces the 2007 Jack Parker Scholarship Recipients
This year the program awarded 104 scholarships totaling nearly $190,000 to children of Synovus and TSYS team members. Scholarship funds are generated each year through team member donations and fundraising activities.
The Scholarship Program is named in honor of Jack B. Parker, whose career with the Synovus family of companies spanned 44 years. Jack's enthusiastic attitude, keen sense of duty and good heart were evident throughout his career. The scholarship program is managed by the Jack Parker Foundation, Inc., to award college or vocational institution scholarships to children of team members who excel academically, show leadership and are involved in activities to improve their communities. Since its inception in 1988, the foundation has awarded more than $1 million in scholarships.
Synovus (NYSE: SNV) is a diversified financial services holding company with more than $32 billion in assets based in Columbus, GA. Synovus provides integrated financial services including banking, financial management, insurance, mortgage and leasing services through 39 banks and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee; and electronic payment processing through an 81-percent stake in TSYS (NYSE: TSS), one of the world’s largest companies for outsourced payment services. FORTUNE magazine has named Synovus one of “The 100 Best Companies to Work For” in