- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Synovus Presents Annual Awards
February 5, 2014, COLUMBUS, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, recently announced the presentation of its annual Chairman’s Awards. The Chairman’s Awards – the James H. Blanchard Leadership Award, the James D. Yancey Customer Covenant Award, and the William B. Turner Humanitarian Award – represent the company’s culture and illustrate the emphasis it places on leadership, customer satisfaction, and serving others. Synovus also introduced a new Chairman’s Award called the Synovus Game Changer Award to recognize team members who encompass the spirit of innovation. Chairman’s Award recipients are chosen from nominations submitted by team members across Synovus’ Southeastern footprint.
“This year’s award winners represent the best in our company when it comes to leadership, delivering unparalleled customer service, community involvement, and innovation,” said Kessel Stelling, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Synovus. “We are fortunate to have such strong leadership in our organization, and I am grateful to each of these individuals for their dedication to our company, customers, and communities.
Awards this year include:
The James H. Blanchard Leadership Award recognizes individuals who demonstrate the best use of leadership and interpersonal skills such as teamwork, communication, and coaching in various corporate, departmental, and community roles. This award is named after retired Chairman and CEO James H. Blanchard, who set a high standard for leadership throughout his 36-year tenure at Synovus.
The James D. Yancey Customer Covenant Award is named in honor of the former Synovus Chairman who always put the needs of the customer first. Yancey was instrumental in the creation of the Customer Covenant, the company’s pledge to deliver excellent customer service. Synovus presented awards for internal and external customer service.
The inaugural Synovus Game Changer Award recognizes high-performing team members for forward thinking, innovative ideas.
Synovus is a financial services company based in Columbus, Georgia with approximately $26 billion in assets. Synovus’ divisions provide commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers through 28 locally branded divisions, 261 offices, and 363 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. See Synovus on twitter @synovusbank, and LinkedIn. Equal Housing Lender .