- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Changes to Board of Directors
- Synovus Announces REACH Awards
- Synovus Presents Annual Awards
- Synovus Receives 20 Customer Service Excellence Awards in Middle and Small Business Banking
- Kamensky Named Synovus Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- Synovus Reports Earnings for Fourth Quarter of 2013
- Dunlevie Named Managing Director of Synovus Family Asset Management
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend
|Synovus Again Named to USBanker List of "Top 100 Banks"
|March 12, 2007 – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based diversified financial services company, has once again been named to the list of “Top 100 Banks” by USBanker magazine. Synovus appears at number 20, improving on last year’s survey ranking of number 25.
The annual performance ranking takes the 100 largest banks and scores them based on their three-year average return on equity. Synovus reported an 18.31 percent return on average equity in 2006, with a three-year average of 18.13 percent.
The entire list of the top 100 banks appears in the magazine’s March 2007 issue and is also available on the USBanker web site at www.us-banker.com.
“We are proud to be recognized for delivering superior performance to our shareholders in 2006,” said Richard Anthony, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Synovus. "Our company strives to achieve results that represent consistent growth, sound risk management and favorable comparison to other high performing companies."
Synovus (NYSE: SNV) is a diversified financial services holding company with more than $31 billion in assets based in Columbus, GA. Synovus provides integrated financial services including banking, financial management, insurance, mortgage and leasing services through 39 banks and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee; and electronic payment processing through an 81-percent stake in TSYS (NYSE: TSS), one of the world’s largest companies for outsourced payment services. FORTUNE magazine has named Synovus one of “The 100 Best Companies to Work For” in